The Heritage Collection

676 Circle Drive, DeFuniak Springs

This French Colonial style house was built in 1905 or 1906 by master carpenter Burdick for James A. McLean. The house was constructed of the finest heart pine lumber with a hip roof and broad central chimneys that accent its square dimensions. James McLean considered it the “best spot on the lake” for its great views of sunsets over Lake DeFuniak. The house stayed in the McLean family for many decades.