This Colonial Home was built in 1887 for Edward D. Holton. During the years 1894 to 1908, it was owned by four different families. The Thomas Industrial Institution, an early educational facility, purchased the house for its president in 1915. In 1919, Mr. and Mrs. M. E Savage purchased the house, and it remained in that family until 1960 when Clyde and Helen Savage Harbeson became the owners.
Today, it is often called the Harbeson House or “Magnolia House.”